About The PAC
All parents and guardians of Mitchell Elementary School students belong to the P.A.C. Our goal as members of Mitchell School Elementary P.A.C. is, to the best of our ability, advocate for our students and impact every student and their family in a positive way.
Some of the ways we do this are:
- Subsidizing school expenses such as field trips and events;
- Providing each Mitchell student a free healthy snack on our annual June Sports Day;
- Providing funds for teachers to purchase additional classroom supplies;
- Providing funds for equipment such as basketballs, musical instruments and other necessary items;
- Provide a scholarship for a former Mitchell school student graduating from Cambie Senior School;
- Providing funds to honour the Grade 7 graduating class at Mitchell.
The Parent Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss school matters, find ways to raise funds and to help staff plan special activities.
Current PAC Executive Committee
Chairperson - Harmon Bal
Past Chairperson - Hajira Hussain
Vice-Chairperson - Hajira Hussain
Treasurer - Helen Sangara
Secretary - Colleen Cheung
Members at Large - Pam Begg, Sharon Ho, Rahim Othman, Mark Dela Cruz, Lilibeth Jaromamay, Yaping Lu, Noriko Miida, Vicky Naidu
PAC Committee Chairs
General Fundraising Chair - Position Available
Playground Fundraising Co-Chairs - Harmon Bal + 1 Position Available
Hot Lunch Coordinator - Rahim Othman (interim)
Early Warning Coordinator - Position Available
PAC Website & Facebook Page - Position Available
Richmond District Parent Association (RDPA) - Rahim Othman
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) - Colleen Cheung
Sports Coordinator - Position Available
Student Planning Council (SPC) - 3 Positions Available
PAC Executive Positions
Chairperson - convene and preside at membership, special and executive meetings; prepare and present meeting agenda; act as official spokesperson for the organization; and act as a signing officer for the PAC.
Vice Chair - assume the responsibilities of the Chairperson in the Chairperson's absence or upon request; assist the Chairperson in the performance of his/her duties; act as a signing officer; and accept extra duties as required.
Secretary - record the minutes of all general, special, and executive meetings; keep an accurate and up-to-date copy of the Constitution and Bylaws and have copies available for members upon request; and issue and receive correspondence/minutes on behalf of the organization.
Treasurer - one of the signing officers of the PAC; receive all funds for the PAC; disburse funds authorized by the executive or members; maintain an accurate record of all expenditures of the Council; give a report of all receipts and expenditures at the general meetings; deposit all funds collected on behalf of the PAC in an account at a recognized financial institution; assist with any financial audits and ensure that the accounting procedures as laid out by the School District's PAC Treasurers’ workshop are followed.
School Planning Council Representative - three parents form an advisory body whose major responsibility is to consult with the school community in developing, monitoring, and reviewing school plans for improving student achievement. The SPC meets after school 1 to 2 hours, approximately 4-5 times per year.
Stay In Touch
Please reach the PAC at any time by:
- email at email@example.com
- LIKE the Facebook group "Mitchell PAC"
- thru your Division Parent
Mme La Pierre
Ms S Lau
Ms Ong & Ms A Lau
Ms House & Mrs Orban
Mme Chang Dar Woon
Role of a Division Parent:
1. Act as a liaison between the parents of the division and the school'sParent Advisory Council (PAC) executive committee.
2. Informing the parents of the division about upcoming PAC meetings.
3. Be a resource of information for the teacher and the parents of the division.
4. Attend monthly PAC meetings if available.
5. Volunteer during special events that are being hosted by the PAC.
6. Maintain and update a contact list of all the parents within the division.