About The PAC
All parents and guardians of Mitchell Elementary School students belong to the P.A.C. Our goal as members of Mitchell School Elementary P.A.C. is, to the best of our ability, advocate for our students and impact every student and their family in a positive way.
Some of the ways we do this are:
- Subsidizing school expenses such as field trips and events;
- Providing each Mitchell student a free healthy snack on our annual June Sports Day;
- Providing funds for teachers to purchase additional classroom supplies;
- Providing funds for equipment such as basketballs, musical instruments and other necessary items;
- Provide a scholarship for a former Mitchell school student graduating from Cambie Senior School;
- Providing funds to honour the Grade 7 graduating class at Mitchell.
The Parent Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss school matters, find ways to raise funds and to help staff plan special activities.
Current PAC Executive Committee
Co-Chairpersons - Rahim Othman and Colleen HowuPast Chairperson - Rahim Othman
Vice-Chairperson - Haydee Salvador
Treasurer - Helen Sangara
Secretary - Hajira Hussain
Members at Large - Benita Lawrance, Pam Begg, Noriko Miida, Anne-Marie Olmstead-Wilcox, Ritu Bains, Randeep Poonia, Sharon Ho, Yaping Lu
PAC Committee Chairs
Hot Lunch Coordinator - Noriko Miida and Suman Bilkhu
Richmond District Parent Association (RDPA) - Anne-Marie Olmstead-Wilcox
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) - Lilibeth Jaromamay
PAC Executive Positions
Chairperson - convene and preside at membership, special and executive meetings; prepare and present meeting agenda; act as official spokesperson for the organization; and act as a signing officer for the PAC.
Vice Chair - assume the responsibilities of the Chairperson in the Chairperson's absence or upon request; assist the Chairperson in the performance of his/her duties; act as a signing officer; and accept extra duties as required.
Secretary - record the minutes of all general, special, and executive meetings; keep an accurate and up-to-date copy of the Constitution and Bylaws and have copies available for members upon request; and issue and receive correspondence/minutes on behalf of the organization.
Treasurer - one of the signing officers of the PAC; receive all funds for the PAC; disburse funds authorized by the executive or members; maintain an accurate record of all expenditures of the Council; give a report of all receipts and expenditures at the general meetings; deposit all funds collected on behalf of the PAC in an account at a recognized financial institution; assist with any financial audits and ensure that the accounting procedures as laid out by the School District's PAC Treasurers’ workshop are followed.
Stay In Touch
Please reach the PAC at any time by:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIKE the Facebook group "Mitchell PAC"
- thru your Division Parent
Role of a Division Parent:
1. Act as a liaison between the parents of the division and the school'sParent Advisory Council (PAC) executive committee.
2. Informing the parents of the division about upcoming PAC meetings.
3. Be a resource of information for the teacher and the parents of the division.
4. Attend monthly PAC meetings if available.
5. Volunteer during special events that are being hosted by the PAC.
6. Maintain and update a contact list of all the parents within the division.